International Labour Organization (ILO)
UN House, Caicoli Street, Dili, Timor-Leste
+670 7723 0442
The International Labour Organization works to advance opportunities for all to decent and productive work in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity. ILO aims to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue in handling work related issues. The ILO assists Timor-Leste to achieve decent work objectives through the implementation of the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) for Timor-Leste 2016-2020 focusing on three priority areas: Youth employment promotion, rural economic development and labour market governance. Promotion of gender equality, tripartism, and institutional capacity building are cross-cutting themes in the programme. DWCP is conducted in close collaboration with the Secretary of State for Youth and Labour, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Timor-Leste (CCI-TL) and the Konfederasaun Sindikatu Timor-Leste (KSTL).
ERA Agro-Forestry Project:
- EU, ILO and Timorese Government sign agro-forestry project worth EUR 12.2 Million published on ILO in Indonesia and Timor-Leste website:
- Agro-Forestry development is on the move published on ILO in Indonesia and Timor-Leste website: http://www.ilo.org/jakarta/info/public/pr/WCMS_615000/lang--en/index.htm dated 24 November 2017.
- Milestone attained with take-off of contractor training programme published on ILO in Indonesia and Timor-Leste website: http://www.ilo.org/jakarta/info/public/pr/WCMS_617396/lang--en/index.htm dated 29 January 2018.
- What is ERA Agro-Forestry doing for Contractors in Timor Leste? published on ILO in Indonesia and Timor-Leste website: http://www.ilo.org/jakarta/info/public/pr/WCMS_629942/lang--en/index.htm dated 22 May 2018.
- Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Capacity Building Trainings https://www.ilo.org/jakarta/whatwedo/eventsandmeetings/WCMS_631544/lang--en/index.htm dated March 2018
- Improving the OSH capacities of relevant officials and private contractors in Timor-Leste https://www.ilo.org/jakarta/info/public/pr/WCMS_631541/lang--en/index.htm dated 15 May 2018
ACTION Social Protection Project:
Timor-Leste identifies challenges and ways to advance its social protection for all all https://www.ilo.org/jakarta/info/public/pr/WCMS_631033/lang--en/index.htm dated 31 May 2018